As I wrote last week, I was supposed to be in South Bend this past weekend for the Notre Dame-Michigan State game. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I remain on the injured reserve and had to stay at the DFT headquarters, where I'll be for the next month. That being said, my crew continued on with the journey and had a great time, some of it even at my expense. As such, I have nominated myself for the Bieber Award for not being able to make the trek.
The Dons of Danville and my son in laws at TD Jesus. DF Beebs!
I have also decided this will be my last article until I can get back out in the tailgate lots across the country, so the weekly DFT recaps will be paused for at least the next 4 weeks. If all goes well, I will be at Mrs. Tailgate's alma mater, Oklahoma State, for homecoming on October 24th. My next write-up would be Sunday, October 25th.
Around the Country (World)
The Union Jack Game - ASU v Kansas: For the first time ever, an American college football game was played in England. Arizona State got the best of Kansas in an entertaining match on the pitch, with a final score of 24 to 17.
Carolina Bowl: In the matchup between Dabo and Belicheck, with multiple weather delays, Clemson came out with a 28 to 20 win.
ND v MSU: In the game I was supposed to attend in South Bend, Michigan State put up a respectable fight against a more talented Notre Dame team. Notre Dame, led by All-American quarterback CJ Carr, came away with a 27 to 10 win. It was the first time in 9 years these two schools had played, after playing every year for over 80 years.
![]() |
| Part of the crew and our Stay Puft Tailgate Host at Notre Dame |
![]() |
| Fireball boys repping Tailgate Connect at ND Tailgate |
Duke's Mayo Bowl in Charlotte: Virginia and West Virginia met in Charlotte, NC, and the Mountaineers won 38 to 27. I still don't get why anybody would pick up a gallon jug of that mayo and start chugging it. When I watch that video, I almost give back to the community myself.
| WVU Super fan Stan before burning couches in Morgantown! |
LSU v Ole Miss: Game of the week, and the reunion in Oxford with Lane Kiffin. Ole Miss came out on fire in the first half and took a big lead. The talented LSU squad started clawing back in the second half. Ole Miss took the go-ahead lead on a Trinidad Chambliss touchdown pass and denied Sam Leavitt a chance to answer by intercepting his pass in the end zone. Final tally: Ole Miss 32, LSU 24. The Ole Miss faithful could not have been happier to see their arch villain and former coach Lane Kiffin go down in defeat in Oxford.
![]() |
| Brave Buffs fan gating at Northwestern in the elements! |
Bieber: See the opening paragraph. However, a close second was the NC State QB, who only needed to run out the clock and take a safety in their game against Vanderbilt. For some inexplicable reason, he decided to scramble around in the end zone, fumbled the ball, and Vanderbilt recovered it for the winning touchdown.
Ginger:
Next Up: More PT and time in the recliner!
Happy Tailgating!


.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment